Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Princess Potty


This is her Princess Potty except that it's pink and not blue
Well to those of you who read this blog I need some advice. First of all Allison has been telling us for a few weeks now when she's stinky or wet and needs to be changed. Yesterday morning she pointed to her diaper and said stinky, but she wasn't stinky. But what she was telling me was that she needed to go to the bathroom before she went to the bathroom. She went peepee right after she told me she needed to. So I figured that was enough signs for me to get her a potty. So when I was at Target I got her a Princess Potty, that plays music when you go to the bathroom and you can use it as a step stool and move it to the regular toliet. So here's my question, to those of you with girls. How do I start teaching her how to go to the bathroom on the potty?? I do not know what to do. My mother in law told me to put her on the potty when she's about ready to poop because that is the easiest sign to recognise first. But how do you get them to start going potty in it?? Right now I take off her diaper and sit her on it and ask her to potty if she needs to. I've also been putting her on the potty with the diaper off when I go to the bathroom. I've heard that doing this helps them understand because mommy is doing it. But I do not know if she knows that that is what I am doing. Now she is only 22 months old. So if anyone has any advice please feel free to write it on here or call me to talk to me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment