Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No Nap


There are some days that I miss Allison's nap window and she gets overly tired and she becomes a handful to get down for a nap. Today was one of those days. It took me over an hour to get her to go down for a nap. Normally she grabs my hand and makes me go upstairs to let her go to sleep. She didn't do that today, but I took her upstairs anyways.
I think we've made some bad mistakes with Allison's sleeping habits. Since she was born someone else always wanted to hold her and let her fall asleep while being held, and to this day she still does not fall asleep on her own. I will try to put her in her crib to fall asleep but she refuses to fall asleep without human touch. This is a hinderance and I need to get her used to falling asleep on her own. Another mistake (which is my fault) is that she still sleeps in our room at 19 months old. We've got a room to put her in, but I'm hesitant to put her in there right now. WWhen we first thought about putting her in her own room and getting her used to sleeping by herself she got a bad rash from medicine, so we didn't. Then she got sick with another ear infection so that kept us from doing it again. Then she got tubes put in her ears and that kept us from moving her last week. This week we went on a mini vacation and that has prevented us from putting her in her own room this week. So maybe next week?? But there's the issue that she will cry for hours and so someone else will get her from the room which will keep her from learning to fall asleep on her own. Decisions, decisions...
I've almost eaten my alloted 2000 calories for the day in chocolate. Today is one of those days. I've got some flowers and a bird to make for my cake class final tomorrow as well as a cake and cookies (for Jason's home teaching families). Once the cake is finished I will post pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love your blog. I didn't even know you had one, but I am glad I found it. I love your cakes. They are so pretty. And listen, getting kids on a sleeping schedual and to sleep alone is not an easy task. You have to have nerves of steel. I think you can do it. If you need someone to talk to about it, I might be able to give you some advice. Little Alma has been a sleeping/nap pro since we did it the "hard" way. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete