Thursday, April 23, 2009

We're off to see my parents


Tomorrow we are heading to Alton, Illinois to visit my family. The last time I saw my father was almost 8 months ago and that was far too long ago. To date my dad has only seen his only granddaughter three times since she's been born. I hope she still remembers his face and isn't scared when we see him tomorrow. Which I think she will. We have noticed that Allison has this innate sense of family. Jason says she gets that from me. The last time we saw my dad Allison took right to him and it was like she knew that he was her grandfather.
We also get to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my cousins 20 month old twins. I am the only person to live away from my family. I do miss not living within a 30 minute radius of anyone in my family, but I wouldn't change anything.
I've also realized that packing for just the weekend is a horrible task. IF it was just Jason and I then we'd only need one bag, that's it. But with Allison we have a suitcase, a bag with some toys and blankets, a diaper bag, the pack n play, a stroller, and snacks. We also bought a new portable dvd player that hooks to the headreat for her to watch a movie for the trip. We're pretty much packed, I just have to remember everything. And I also have to not forget anything on the way back, especially Marley! Here's to a nice trip and a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment