Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick Babies

Oh how lovely a weekend it has been. It has been a weekend of crazy high fevers with Allison and up all night with her as well. She went from alright to worse rapidly during the day on Friday. Weird thing, how come kids have no fever during the day and really high fevers at night. On top of the crazy high fevers is a very runny nose and bad cough, sore throat, and apparently her bottom hurts?? So after yet again another night up all night with a super high fever with Allison on Saturday we called the doctors office, they have weekend hours. So the verdict, just an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection. She has not been this sick for two years. She has not had an ear infection in two years either. She's on antibiotics now and is already feeling a bit better. But then she gets to be worse for another week starting in a week. She is having a routine surgery next Friday to remove her adenoids and tonsils. On top of the girl, the boy has been sick for 6 weeks now! But alas there is nothing to be done for him unless he gets a fever.
Now I get to prepare for a snow storm coming in a day or two. The last bad storm I remember living in was in 2006 when I had a miscarriage. It was one of the worst memories of my life. It was my first pregnancy and I miscarried. But God had another one for me, as I got pregnant a few weeks after I miscarried and I had a beautiful girl named Sandra Allison Jacobson. Allison is what she goes by, and three years later God game me another child named Paul Andrew Jacobson. I have two beautiful children whom I love and adore. Having sick kids comes with the package, and we love to share germs in this house as Paul got it first, followed by grandma, then Allison (who has it bad), and me (which it's pretty small), and now Jason and probably soon to be grandpa.
I'm off to make a list of things I need in case this storm gets pretty bad. We're expecting 12-18 inches of snow but there may be more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment