Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Sidenote


So I read a friends blog earlier and she talked about an article in Salon Magazine. It was an article about atheists who are addicted to reading other *more savvy* mormon mommy bloggers. Well, here's a question I bring up...
Who on Earth has time to do everything these moms do?? I'm mormon as well and I don't have a perfect little cookie cutter family and do everything else these mommy's do.

First their house is in amazing shape. Seriously with the pictures it looks like nothing is out of place. When you come over to my house it's clean, sort of. there are still toys around, but it's not spotless. I have a toddler and I newborn baby, and these moms have little ones as well, so what, do their little ones not play ever?? Or do they have a house maid or something?? I just want to know when they have time to do all their housework with what they get accomplished daily.

Second, when do they have time to do what they like to do??? I am constantly being asked to play by my daughter and I've also got an infant who needs my constant attention as well. I have no time to do anything else, and I mean ANYTHING. The only time I have to myself is nap time (and yes my 3 year old still takes naps). That is my onlt *ME* time that I get and thus the time is used to relax and take a nap myself right now, since I'm still up several times at night with my new baby Paul. Some days I don't sleep and I watch a show I like and other days I prepare my Sunday School lesson.

And Third, why do they all look like models?? Really the mommy's, daddy's, and children all look like they came out of a catelog. I think my children are georgeous, but I don't consider myself beautiful (though my husband does, but I don't). I also think these mormon moms who have these blogs might sugar coat things a little more and they sound like they are merry sunshine all day every day.

Those are my points to this article, and I will have to find this article and figure out how to post it in a hyperlink in my blog.


I am going to start blogging more to write down random thoughts and post what my children have accomplished, so I do not forget their milestones. I love being a mom and I never thought I would love it as much as I do. I thought I would miss working and I don't. I could stay at home and be a mom for the rest of my life and be happy. I would love to have another child in a few years as well. I forget everything about babies until I have another baby. I am enjoying every second I have with Paul, yet I get told that Paul is the second child syndrome. I do not get as many pictures of him like I did with Allison when she was a new baby. So I need to try to pick up the camera and take pictures daily, or weekly. That is a goal of mine. I don't want Paul to ask me when he gets older why there are not as many pictures of him. I also never thought I could love another child as much as I love my darling Allison. But I do I love my Paul just as much. Well, it's 10pm both children are asleep and so is my husband. I should try to drift off to sleep before Paul wakes up to me held or fed or cuddled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment